Max,

As far as I know it is not being developed any more. I don't even know
if it's being maintained. The list is pretty quiet these days and I
assume most have moved on to other frameworks or out of Perl entirely.
My main app is based on CGI::App so I still use it, but don't do
anything new with it - I moved to Dancer2 for new stuff. Catalyst always
felt like overkill for the types of things I do, but once I got used to
the D2 syntax I found it to be a very enjoyable experience. YMMV of
course, but if you keep just framework-specific stuff in the D2 classes,
most of your code is in your own classes anyway so is
framework-independent. If you really like CGI::App maybe you could look
at taking it over and modernising it? I imagine it would be quite a big
task though. Ron Savage already did something similar by forking
CGI::App to CGI::Snapp a few years ago but I don't know if he still
maintains it.