Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:58:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Natalie Linnell <linn...@cs.washington.edu>
To: change at cs.washington.edu
Subject: Bonanza week for tech/NPO geeks!

A friend of mine asked me to pass along these two events coming up at the
intersection of technology and nonprofit:

*May 4, Tuesday: Bellevue Seattle Net Tuesday Meetup: The Nonprofit
Technology Giving
Event<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?invites&eid=110649718954511>

*Join Seattle Net Tuesday (SNT) and Bellevue Tweetup for a mixer matching
altruistic techies in Greater Seattle with the nonprofits who need their
urgently needed skills. If you?re a nonprofit who could use an extreme
makeover in social media, web site design, software training, graphic
design, mobile marketing, or you name it in tech, this exclusive mixer is
for you! Likewise if you?re a techie who can partner with nonprofits to find
free and low-cost technical solutions to social issues affecting us all.

*
May 6, Thursday: Tech Mafia Happy Hour, organized by the Win/Win
Network<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103928206310631>

*Join us to to enjoy *free *beer, and talk about tech lessons learned during
the wildly successful 2009 campaign to approve Referendum 71, the domestic
partnership equality measure.  Thanks to that campaign ? and the tech
strategies it employed ? Washington voters are now in the history books as
the first in American history to vote affirmatively to recognize gay and
lesbian relationships. At Tech Mafia, we share best practices, lament worst
practices, imagine new ways of exploiting technology to achieve our goals,
and enjoy the company of other like-minded folks.