information session this upcoming Monday for undergraduates and graduates
interested in joining our engineering associate program. Please see details
below.
*=========**Samasource Information Session *Date: Monday, Nov 21, 2011
Time: 5:30pm ? 7:30pm
Location: UW Career Center (LOBBY) 134 Mary Gates, Seattle Campus
 Speaker: Martin Anderson, VP of Engineering

 *Samasource <http://www.samasource.org> is a social enterprise based in
San Francisco that connects people living in poverty to dignified work via
the Internet. *
*
*
We created a technology platform that distributes microwork to centers
around the world.  Microwork is a new way to fight poverty by enabling
capable, marginalized people to complete digital tasks in some of the
world?s poorest places.

Our model provides direct income to thousands of people at a fraction of
the cost of traditional aid programs and equips them with skills to succeed
in the new economy.

We?re looking for students and graduates interested in joining our
engineering associate program. The associate program starts with a 10-week
stipend internship period where a candidate will be introduced to our
platform and pair with a senior engineer to build and deploy new features.
 Upon successfully completing the internship, the software engineer will
gain increased responsibility over feature specification and
implementation, helping us grow our platform and develop innovative
solutions to ICTD problems like these:
- Distributed, collaborative education and training
- Remote, rural content delivery over high latency networks
- Intelligent, automated task allocation and adaptive workflow
- Mobile payments and messaging

*We are a small, growing, dynamic team committed to changing the world with
an innovative business model. To get a quick overview of what we do, watch
this 50 second video on YouTube of two of our workers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bSBNRCSoQ. *