From: Amanda Addington <amanda.adding...@rescue.org>
Date: Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Service Learning Opportunity at the International Rescue Committee
To: "born...@cs.washington.edu" <born...@cs.washington.edu>

 Dear Professor Borning,****

** **

My name is Amanda Addington; I am an AmeriCorps VISTA Leader at the
International Rescue Committee(IRC) in Seattle. The IRC responds to the
world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild
their lives. In Seattle, the IRC provides the services and support needed
to assist refugees, asylees and victims of human trafficking to rebuild
their lives and become independent and involved members of the community.***
*

Each month the IRC hosts the King County Refugee Forum. The Refugee Forum
is a membership organization providing information and networking
opportunities for those serving refugees in King County. Members and
meeting attendees include representatives of resettlement agencies, ethnic
community organizations, community based organizations, school districts,
healthcare providers, government agencies and individuals working with
refugees.****

We would like to develop a website which will be a space for forum members
and meeting attendees to share and exchange service-related information.
Although we have content information and a general look in mind, we lack
the technical skills required to build the site. We have discussed the
possibility of developing a service learning opportunity that would allow a
student to gain practical experience while assisting us with the limited
resources we have available.****

We are looking for University faculty willing to assist in recommending and
overseeing a student who is interested in applying their exceptional skills
in a practical environment.****

If you are interested in learning more information, please contact me at
amanda.adding...@rescue.org or by phone at 607-623-2105.****

** **

Thank you,****

Amanda Addington****

** **

** **

*Amanda Addington | AmeriCorps*VISTA Leader
*International Rescue Committee - Refugee Support Network
100 South King Street, Suite 570, Seattle, WA 98104-2885 ****

amanda.adding...@rescue.org <yvette.sum...@rescue.org> | T +1 206 623 2105 *
***

refugeesupportnetwork.wordpress.com