Speak to other neighbors on the block and try to get them organized so
that they communicate a unified message of opposition. If the house is
already a nuisance, try to provide photographs and any type of
documentation possible. Does the property have any parking spaces?Can they
possibly provide parking for additional units, or is parking
not an issue? Also the existing zoning may automatically prohibit use
as a multi-unit. Are there other multi-unit properties on the block?
You might also want to enlist the help of your City Councilman/woman.
This is an election year.John