After 4 recent murders on Greenmount and 2 elsewhere in Charles Village, we need to take our neighborhood back. Here is a worthwhile attempt.

Steve.

On 4/14/2010 9:54 PM, Bonnie Bessor wrote:
Support Waverly Main Street and GROW GREENMOUNT!

Please join us to show community solidarity and support these events
on and around Greenmount Avenue in Waverly this coming Friday and
Saturday.

FRIDAY, APRIL 16, at NOON
At Firehouse #31, 3123 Greenmount Avenue
Fire Chief James Clack joins University of Baltimore Volunteers
for Firehouse #31 Press Conference to Kick-Off Early Voluntarism and
Up-Coming Return in May of Firefighters and Medics to their
rehabilitated firehouse on Waverly Main Street.
SATURDAY APRIL 17, 10:00am -- 2:00pm
at WAVERLY ACE HARDWARE
"Making Lemonade out of Lemons"--Lemonade Stand to raise money for
Waverly Main Street. Stop by to enjoy some refreshing lemonade,
participate in Lemon Races, guess how many lemons are in the jar and
hang out with Waverly Main Street volunteers.

AND check out Waverly ACE Hardware's Free Bike Clinic from 11:00am -- 2:00pm.
SATURDAY, APRIL 17, NOON - 4:00 pm
All up-and-down the Greenmount Business District
Waverly Merchant Association sponsors
GROW GREENMOUNT!
Free Food, Music and Giveaways.
SATURDAY, APRIL 17, 2:00 PM
BEGINNING AT DARKER THAN BLUE, 3034 GREENMOUNT AVENUE
2:00 PM please join us as
Police Commissioner Frederick Bealefeld,
Fire Chief James Clack,
Council President Jack Young,
&  our Northern District Police Commanders
lead neighbors and friends in a
SOLIDARITY WALK TO PROMOTE RESTORED SAFETY
to GREENMOUNT AVENUE

We'll walk north from Darker Than Blue to East 35th Street,
then south on the eastside of Greenmount to East 29th,
then back, completing the circuit.

WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?:  Last week the Greenmount Avenue commercial
corridor endured two murders within a 72 hour time period. Non-stop
media coverage has painted a blighted picture of our beloved
community. We know that this area is the best place to call home and I
hope you also know that Greenmount Avenue is on the rise. Now more
than ever the merchants, your neighbors, and Waverly Main Street need
your support to survive and continue to be a positive asset in our
community.

Over the past year Greenmount Avenue has made strides:

·         Private investment totaling over $430,000 in improvements
·         7 new business opened on Greenmount
·         $200,000 in façade and safety improvements
·         Restoration of the Waverly sign at 32nd and Greenmount
·         Coming expansion of the Waverly Library
·         The opening of Waverly Ace Hardware
·         Restoration of Waverly Firehouse # 31

The merchants and resident supporters are asking for residents to take
to the sidewalks in a show of unity and support of the all of the hard
work that has happened over the past few years to stabilize and
revitalize Greenmount Avenue. We need 300 people on the street! Come
see Greenmount for yourself, meet the merchants, and meet other
residents who buy local!

Police, Fire and all of Baltimore City support our efforts now to
restore the safety and security we require.

Please turn-out to signal the turn-around.

Thank you!

Your neighbor,
Bonnie Bessor
AIA Member at Large