J has great tools for manipulating data. It's fairly straightforward to
directly manipulate audio, 3d graphics, and so on.

But we don't really use them for that very much.

Here's an example of what someone has done using python (mostly in Blender
- he didn't write blender itself):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/78284495@N00/sets/72157639439739576/

Now... since we probably do not have the time to re-invent all of the
python (nor javascript (nor sql (nor ...))) community's work, there's a
profusion of things we can do to integrate with the work of these other
communities.

On the other hand, anything worth doing takes time.

But it's been years since I've seen any high quality J graphics (for
example). (And that was a semi-commercial knot generation plugin for some
other graphical system.)

It would be interesting to hear feedback from people who have produced
pretty things in J.

Thanks,

--
Raul