Rather than searching for a problem for this answer, I confirmed some comprehension of the ordinal fraction idea.  Maybe I'll return to learn addition and subtraction since the algebra of logic is intriguing.  "2 of 3 witnesses thought the suspect might have had reddish hair" will ``always'' be a problem.

On 12/22/2017 09:49 AM, chat-requ...@forums.jsoftware.com wrote:
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 09:49:13 -0500
From: Raul Miller<rauldmil...@gmail.com>
To: Chat forum<c...@jsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [Jchat] ordinal fractions

Sure:
     'data indices'=. 'abcdeq';__ 0 1 1 1 0

We see that b and q have a as their parent:

    data {~ indices {~ data i.'bq'
aa

And, we see that c d and e have b as their parent:

    data {~ indices {~ data i.'cde'
bbb

And when we look at the diagram, we see the same thing:

      /
    b - d
  /   \
a      e
  \

So, for example:

insert_under=:dyad define
   'old_data old_indices'=. y
   'new_data new_parents'=. x
   data=.old_data,~.new_data -. old_data
   data;old_indices,old_data i. ($new_data)$new_parents
)

Example use:

    ('jkl';'d') insert_under 'abcdeq';__ 0 1 1 1 0

That said, beware that like most tree implementations, this is a
solution searching for a problem.