It also attempted an exposition of the infamous incunabulum - https://medium.com/@solarbreeze69/chatgpt-explains-arthur-whitneys-j-incunabulum-5be2ea69a298. Very good, seemingly, but also riddled with mistakes.

The chatbot certainly has some shallow holes and some deep ones. I suspect that its performance at j can be attributed to one of the former, viz., there is not much material about j on the internet (in its training set), compared with, say, a language like python (and its performance in python is quite impressive, so I hear).

Not to say that there mightn't be deeper holes lurking, only that we cannot draw any conclusions about them from this sample. For instance, j is a lot more expressive (in the formal sense) than most other programming languages--meaning, it has little redundancy--for instance, >/@.(>&.) _is_ a legal (if useless) j sentence--so it may be much harder to find patterns.