Hi there, I'm very interested in FreeNet project and I hope I'll be able to
participate in design and development when I've understand it right.

Ok, my english is not the best in the world as you can see, so some of my
doubts can be derived for my bad english, sorry :(

I've readed some about the project but there're still matters that I cannot
understand, I hope you can help me.

Well, my first question from the Document "Freenet: A Distributed Anonymous
Information Storage and Retrieval System"

[...]

Joining the network is simply a matter of first discovering the address of
one or more existing nodes through out-of-band means, then starting to send
messages.

[...]

Surely the problem is that I've no idea what 'out-of-band means' means, but
I've not been able to understand how a new node finds another one to join the
network.

Thanks a lot in advance.