> it seemed that [a German] ISP's operator can be arrested for storing
> illegal material on his proxies hard disk. Although IANAL, I think the
> same will apply here.

That sounds dangerous. It obliges all internet service providers to act as
information police. Goodbye privacy and free expression.

Does that kind of legal situation exist anywhere else in the world?
For instance, in the USA, the DMCA gives protection to ISPs.

Has 'plausible deniability' as a defense been tested anywhere?

Cheers
David