Hi,

I've been following the evolution of freenet with interest and its
implications in terms of intellectual property and other censorship
issues.  One of the ways the developement of freenet and related
progects such as eof will withstand the coming legal assault on its
existance is ensuring that its overall use and content is "innocent" and
"legit".  To help facilitate this progects such as apt-get and mail
should be concentrated on first, therefore when the inivitable assault
begins freenet users and developers will be able to point at all the
innocent uses it's being put to.  Also site authers should refrain from
inserting files of legaly dubious nature unless they really do believe
they have a genuine reason to do so.  After all the lower the content of
"illegal" stuff is the less reason there will be to take action against
it.

Finally a question related to the above, can isp's some how block
freenet ie by blocking freenet signals (if this is a silly question
forgive me but my technical knowledge is limited (I'm still waiting for
some kind soul to provide all the freenet bits and bobs in .deb format
so I can apt-get install and play))

from

Patrick

 ()     ()