Ok, I suggest, first of all, that you uninstall or delete whatever freenet stuff You have right now and do a CLEAN and FRESH installation.  Make darn sure you have a version of java installed, java 1.3.1 is the newest that I am aware of.  Then install freenet, the newest version is available on the web.  I think it is 0.3.9.1-1.  I can't wait for 0.4 to come in. :)

Also, freenet isn't an ISP, and your node isn't cloaked or invisible either.  As soon as you install your node and start useing it, there will be ways to knowing of it's existance.  I hope sometime soon some way of cloaking and securing all nodes from prying governments is found and implemented.

You have some heavy legal action between you and the federal government of the US?  Good luck man.