Hi folks,

To assist with 0.4 testing, I've released some FCP-based clients that are
now
working with 0.4 metadata

0) FreeWeb - pre-release version 0.1.4 - supports freenet 0.4 and freenet
0.3 metadata, available from http://freeweb.sf.net/index1.html It works on
Linux via Wine, if you tweak your Wine configs.
Hopefully I'll get around to writing a console-based platform-indepent
version, kinda like PutFiles.

1) fcpget - a simple command-line key retrieval prog

2) FwProxy - like FProxy, but working with 0.4. By default, FwProxy listens
on port 8888, and talks to a node on localhost:8481, but command line args
can change this - run with -h for more info

3) ezFCPlib - an easy but powerful FCP client library, hacked to work with
0.4. No splitfiles support yet though, but it should be able to follow MSK
chains. HTML doco included.

A sample key you can use for testing on 0.4 is
SSK@sEx39pRuqXHX~TSA21EiWyrf3U0PAgM/freeweb-10//

Download linux/windows sources and makefiles for fcpget, FwProxy and
ezFCPlib from
http://freeweb.sf.net/fcpstuff.tar.gz Note - if compiling under (non-Cygwin)
windows, you'll need a '-DWINDOWS'
Watch out - some of the code is a bit rough - but should generally work ok.
FwProxy is prone to occasional crash - restart it if this happens.

It feels good to be surfing freenet 0.4 in a web browser.

So, there's no more excuses for not running a 0.4 node.
The more people running 0.4, the sooner it'll get debugged, and the sooner
all can benefit.

Cheers
David