--- Todd Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm still struggling to get my Freenet node up and
> running, but now I'm
> having second thoughts. I visited a Freenet node
> last week via the web, and
> I looked at some "keys" (I think) and a bunch of
> porn was prominently
> listed.
>
> I would hate to be the poor fool who has an example
> made of him for some
> Senate hearing.

"Those who give up a little freedom to obtain safety
deserve neither freedom nor safety."  --Benjamin
Franklin

Not only is the chance of persecution by our
government unlikely in the extreme, but pray tell what
gross violation of your rights would you be willing to
make a stand for?

While I recognize that it's all well and good to say
you'll fight authority and quite another to be
imprisoned at the expense of your job and your
family's welfare, there are some fights that must be
fought.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I contribute
to the EFF and ACLU for the express purpose of making
sure that our government continues to grant rights,
not revoke them.