One major problem is the current limitation in freenet 0.4 which, while it
consolidates its data store into a single file, can only work with one such
file.

Most operating systems and java interpreters can only support 2GB files.

This results in a severe restriction which  IMO *must* be overcome before
freenet 0.5 is released. 0.5 desperately needs to be able to run n datastore
files, each up to 2GB in size. This is not a 'nice to have', it is
*absolutely essential*. 2GB is not large in today's terms.

If you feel impatient, you could create 50 freenet nodes on your machine,
each with a 2GB datastore. Configure each node to use a different FNP port
and FCP port.

Break up your collection into 'sub-freesites', each with 2GB or less of data
in total.

Insert each 'sub-freesite' into each respective node at htl=0.

Then, create a 'master freesite' which contains links to the other
freesites. Insert this master freesite into one or more of the nodes with
htl of 5 to 15.

Then, aggressively promote this master freesite. Send its address to every
freesite operator you can find, and post its address to this list.

Hopefully, demand will result in the sub-freesites propagating around
freenet.

But, in conclusion, 100GB is a hell of a lot of data for the current state
of 0.4, and the tiny number of nodes currently online. You might want to
create just one 2GB 'sub-freesite', plus the master freesite, and insert
these. Wait till your regular inserts keep going through successfully, then
add the next 'sub-freesite' to your insert script.

Perhaps it's good you've only got 56k of bandwidth. Inserting any faster
than that would paralyse freenet in its current state.

David