On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 05:35:29AM -0500, S wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:13:35 +0200
> "Newsbyte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > National security, my ass.
> >
> > Can't wait untill Freenet makes the efforts of governments and states to
> > conceil their wrongdoings and civil-liberties abuses (or simply their
> > lies to the public), useless.
>
> You don't have to wait. The video of Berg's execution is on Freenet in
> any number of inserts. I haven't seen such disturbing footage since the
> Bud Dwyer suicide movie made its rounds some years ago. If you are a
> resident of the US, I suggest writing to John McCain as well as your own
> state senators, as I have done, emphasizing that the images that the
> government doesn't want us to see are available on Freenet, and
> encouraging your state senators to mention Freenet during their media
> interviews.

I'm not sure that'd be a good idea. Maybe that's not quite the kind of
publicity we want right now. We don't want to be seen as a threat just
yet! Certainly the press we got for hosting the Diebold files was good.
From experience, writing to one's representative to tell them to oppose
something can sometimes result in their not only doing it anyway, but
doing it more thoroughly - or at all.

--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]