On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 01:41:37PM +0200, Rainer Kupke wrote:
> Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 11:52:00AM +0200, Rainer Kupke wrote:
> > > Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > [voting against nodes that insert objectionable content]
> > >
> > > After a night of sleep I came up with two strategies to defeat your
> > > idea:
> > >
> > > First strategy:
> > > 1. run several small nodes and never use them to insert stuff. These
> > > nodes are "good citizerns".
> >
> > This is perfectly valid. You can run a node.
> > >
> > > 2. Create a new node N
> > >
> > > 3. Use N to insert content
> > >
> > > 4. Delete N before reprimands hit.
> >
> > This is quite possible, however I don't see how you are going to be able
> > to repeat it, due to the nature of a darknet. Also it might hurt the
> > people you connected through.
>
> I assume that the inserting node gets more blame than the surrounding
> nodes and that blame does not stick around forever. Maybe for a very
> long time, but definitely not forever.
>
> So I can surround my "inserter" with one (as above) or more layers of
> nodes which act as "blame absorbers".
>
> When I insert evil stuff my "inserter" will be blamed for it. The nodes
> next to it will get some fraction of the blame, but definitely less.
> the nodes on the outer layer will get nearly no blame.

They will get no blame, unless they oppose the complaint.

> Before the nodes on my outer layer get blamed for talking to evil nodes
> I shutdown the core of my little "evilnet" and replace it with new
> nodes.

If complaints are repeatedly held up against new nodes connected to a
specific small number of nodes, it should be possible for the community
to notice this and take action against _them_. The network topology has
to be open for premix routing to work, and the node which was punished
is revealed when a complaint is upheld.
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]