On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:01:20PM +0200, privacy.at Anonymous Remailer wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:58:13 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> > Dont implement this. I dont like CP, but once you start down the
> > slippery slope, there's no going back.
> >
> > my $.02
>
> Exactly my point!
>
> As a matter of fact, How about implementing something very much
> the reverse?
>
> Make censorship of ANY kind as close to impossible as can be
> managed.

That has always been the intention. You will have read my mail
explaining that what I suggested is impossible without an unacceptable
security risk from keeping extra records?

> The same goes for ANY kind of ability to trace back to the
> insertion point or identify an author (excepting of course any
> clues or slipups on the author / inserter's part, that's their
> responsibility)
>
> and then make sure that freenet will work if the connections to
> and from it are piped through an anonymizing proxy such as TOR.

That is considerably more difficult. Sure you can find a public node and
use that via Tor (which by the way is centralized and therefore
vulnerable), but that's about the limit. You could hide an entire node
behind a fake address provided by Tor or I2P, but this would make it
extremely slow (and therefore not used by other nodes much, on any
routing algorithm that takes performance into account).
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]