This looks like executive disconnections, most likely the result of a private
rightsholder-dominated agency, with ISPs paying half the cost if it messes up
and gets sued... very similar to France. It is a major U-turn in government
policy as the Digital Britain report explicitly stated that the communications
and creative industries are about the same size and killing one to save the
other is not acceptable, and handed the question to ofcom. I haven't found a
source for the comments about MI5, but they have a point...

"Even MI5 disagree with Mr Mandelson - they are convinced we will see a rise of
a 'Dark Net' of infringers."
- Open Rights Group

"In the event we are instructed to impose extra judicial technical measures we
will challenge the instruction in the courts."
- TalkTalk