On Thursday 08 April 2010 19:03:16 giulia capasso wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a student, and I'm doing a study on the size of the community around Open
> Source projects. IS it possible knows the number of people of the Freenet
> Community??

Yes. In terms of users, there are 15-20k users, although only 6-8k online at
any given time. See evanbd's stats page (you will need to install Freenet
first):
http://127.0.0.1:8888/u...@gjw6stjzoz4oag-pqoxip5nk11udqzorozd4jld42ac,BYyqgAtc9p0JGbJ~18XU6mtO9ChnBZdf~ttCn48FV7s,AQACAAE/graphs/318
However, the size of the active chatting community on Frost, FMS or Freetalk is
considerably smaller. See:
http://127.0.0.1:8888/u...@wojh0rcfhn7o4tgncjsvabwaoxesw43xbp2sg~cutes,hSb98zf-5gOC18Ed4nzTtmvhkktK08phJav63sh04o4,AQACAAE/fmsstats/96
http://127.0.0.1:8888/u...@bqbl2ozw8vj4niv3aoe8rhk9hwv1huqh4rrnk~gkcoi,C~fzch9vg1vJZW9HJT6zjr2gp~N5NE0Gylc1Q83cMfw,AQACAAE/boardstats/171/
We expect the proportion of Freenet users who use the anonymous chat
applications, as well as the total number of users, to increase considerably
when Freetalk is made an official part of Freenet.