You once mentioned you had limited funds so this may not be an option
for you, however Partition Magic has had for sometime an excellent set
of utilities for migrating stuff from drive to drive.

As example: A long, long time ago far, far away when I still had a
Windows partition I was able use it to get as fancy as moving my entire
"Program Files" directory contents to another drive, removing it from
drive "C".  Partition Magic flawlessly took care of every link and
registry entry. Cool.