David Allen:
> Maybe I'm just a humorless bastard, but I didn't think that one in
> particular was very funny.

Last year's was just incomparably better:

        http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0104.0/0007.html

Neither of them fooled anyone, but at least that was funny.

> IMHO a good April fools joke should include confusion, humor,
> and maybe a spoonful of the incredulous, but it shouldn't be
> intentionally aimed at just pissing a whole lot of people off (like
> the slashdot "jokes").  I guess it depends on where the joke is
> targeted.  Is it supposed to be funny for just the person playing the
> joke, or everyone?

No. If that were the point, we'd call the occasion something like
April Joke or April Happy Silly Funny Day.

Do they really have anything offensive on slashdot?