>From: "Robert Carroll" <robert at accesscomm.ca>
>To: <chat at freenetproject.org>
>Subject: [freenet-chat] Message boards
>Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:39:10 -0600
>
>Is there any interest in a message board for us freenet users?  If so speak
>up!  I would like it if there was.  Web message boards would make it easier
>to carry on discussions.

Well I am a Huge fan of BBSes, but I would MUCH preffer Fido-net Dialup
BBSes to Web BBSes.  That way people with NO INTERNET or REALLY REALLY SLOW
INTERNET can still access and participate in discussions.  If you want to
dump Email, which people without HTTP access can still use, then I suggest
going to Fido and somehow reviving the BBS networks that are even now going
extinct.

You may not like it, but the Majority of users out there do NOT have the
money to use really high speed and high quality stuff like Cable Internet
and DSL and stuff.  Most people are still on 56k or less DialUP speeds.  And
that 56k speed really only exists when really good compression and a
practicaly noisless line are being used.  My phone lines are constantly
noisy.  My connections are rarely faster than 33k.  And my ISP is a Free ISP
and is therefore CRAP!!!  I can't afford anything since I haven't had a Job
in over 5 YEARS and have NO MONEY!!!  I am totaly dependant on my parents
who are Unemployed because they were Both fired from their jobs recently.
Life has delt us a crappy hand, but we are still trying to keep going.  I'm
useing MSN right now from School, which is technicaly against the rules,
but, I break and bend rules all the time.  They don't seem to mind, as long
as I don't do it with potential customers watching.

Would you please have a nice day!?  Thank you! :)