Juan A. Moreno wrote:

> I install Cherokee form my package for Slackware. I create in
> DocumentRoot one web .php with:
>
> <?php
>   phpinfo();
> ?>
>
> Cherokee say: handler_phpcgi.c/158: ERROR: PHP interpreter not found
> ((null)). Please install it.
>
> In the conf have:
>
> Extension php, php3, php4 {
>     Handler phpcgi
> }
>
> Whet i define directive Interpreter (Interpreter /usr/bin/php) say:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/cherokee# /etc/rc.d/rc.cherokee start
> Error parsing file :397 'syntax error', symbol 'Interpreter'
> Couldn't read the config file
> Starting Cherokee

  I guess it is because you added the interpreter option in the wrong
  place. Try this out:

========
Extension php, php3, php4 {
    Handler phpcgi {
       Interpreter /usr/bin/php
    }
}
========

  By the way, it seems to be an odd path for the php CGI binary. You
  should ensure you are using the right version of PHP, it must be the
  "cgi-fcgi" version:

========
$ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php5 -v
PHP 5.0.5-3 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Oct 20 2005 17:50:42)
========

  Good luck Juan,

--
Greetings, alo.