The Hooker Super comps I bought last year also came with some very sturdy
welded AC and Power steering braket free of charge. Actually the brackets
were $xxx and the headers were free. hehehe

-----Original Message-----
From: richard schaefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 7:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Exhaust Question Headers

I used doug thorley header on my 72 (same/similar to 70 ) and had minimal
problems.   The place I bought them from, sent me a welded bracket for the
A/C.  It is much more sturdy than the "bent sheet metal" brackets that you
can buy at almost any parts store.
   Its been many years, but at that time I called thorley & they gave me the
name of a distributor.  Now summit or jegs or both sell thorley.  They have
reasonable prices on all headers.

Also I know someone who swears by Dynomax headers for a 70. In summit, there
ceramic coated headers (the ONLY way to go IMHO) for about $215.00   Last
month I got a set for my camaro.   Also check dynomax.com for rebate info.