Yesterday, while working on the 66 Malibu, I replaced the old metal
canister-type fuel filter with a clear one yesterday, and discovered that I
must have rust in my tank, since the filter was clogged immediately with
rust.  Happy 4th of July to me.  The car is stored each winter, but I had
used stabilizer and had a full tank of gas.  Apparently there was some
condensation though.
So, what is your opinion:  should I have it boiled out, or get a new one?
My fear is that, even though I have it lined, it will not take care of all
of the rust.

Jim Erickson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]