-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jim Erickson
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 11:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Speedo gear

First of all, thank you to everyone that has helped me with all of my
questions recently.  I finally get the '66 out of storage, and now I bombard
the list with questions!
Here's the next one:  I changed the gears from 3.08s to 4.88s a few years
ago, and never changed the speedo gear.  The transmission places around here
say that there is a formula, but they don't know it.  They want to sell me a
few gears and just do trail and error.  Maybe that would be fine, because it
really doesn't have to be dead-on, but does someone know the formula?
I have a Turbo400, and am running 245/60R14s.

Thanks!