Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------
I have a question about the upper control arms for my 71 Chevelle 12 bolt
rear end. While I had the rear end out of the car, I put one upper control
arm in a vise and stuck a screw driver in the holes of the other end. I
could twist it quite a bit, so I welded in a piece an boxed it; similar to
how the lower control arms are boxed. There is no flex anymore.
After chassis assembly, my rear suspension with new rear coil springs and
polygraphite bushings is VERY tight.
My question - is there supposed to be some give/flex/twist in the upper
control arms? If the answer is yes, then boxing might have caused a
problem, which inhibits the rear axle from moving up and down.
Does anyone with aftermarket upper control arms know once the length is set
does one end swivel? Or once the length is set and tightened are the
control arms the same as a solid piece?
Thanks in advance,
Mark
http://webpages.charter.net/perfmark/cars/chevelle/chevelle.htm
-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]