As always, thanks for all the responses.  Given that I really like my
current loud exhaust system (it definitely has an aggressive resonation
inside the interior with the windows up or down), I really do think that
the 40 series 2-chamber mufflers are for me.

Trouble is, though, that after calling some local auto parts stores and
looking through my Chevelle catalogs & some generic catalogs (Jegs,
Summit, Whitney, etc.), I can't find anyone who sells the 2-chamber
mufflers.  None of the local stores I know of (inlucing the chains like
Pep Boys, NAPA, etc.) carry any Flowmaster equipment, while the various
catalogs seem to carry a variety of Flowmaster pipes & mufflers except
for the 42543 2-chamber 2.5" offset/offset mufflers that I need.

I plan to contact Flowmaster directly on Monday, but in the meantime is
there anyone out there with 42543 mufflers and if so, where did you get
them?  Thanks again in advance!

        Jim -69-SS396- H.