True..but I would think that the shift might drop you below optimum power.  But
it may not and a quarter mile is too short to need too many gears.  I guess,
never raced.

Is there anyone that's put together a transmission that constatly changed so
the engine could be kept the most optimal RPM?  Like belts with conical pullies
where the belt constantly slides along the pully.

Tim.
Proud Owner: '69 Chevelle (With a racing tranny)