I am wanting to put a higher intake on my 67 Chevelle SS 396. I now have a Performer RPM intake but I want to go for the higher intake up through the hood much like the look of a tunnel ram with dual quads. This car is NOT a drag car but IS a show car and is driven to each and every show up to 100 miles away.

Here is the TRICK. I want to somewhat keep the low end torque as much as possible (around 1500-2500). I read a few months back in either CHP or Super Chevy that with the newer tunnel ram like intakes it's possible to keep low end torque around this number opposed to the normal 3,000-3,500 numbers of years past. Also, I want to switch over to a dual quad set up.

My motor now is a 396, Performer RPM intake, Comp Cam 578/578 with 232 duration and 110 lobe separation, Edelbrock aluminum heads, single carb 750cfm Edelbrock and runs great on 89 octane pump gas.

Do any of you know/recommend any types of set ups that I can run? I want it to remain streetable, however, I know I will be giving up some gas mileage.

To get an idea of what set up I have now you can visit my home page on the below link. I look forward to hearing about ideas or at least brand names and companies I can call for guidance.

Thanks
Lon
http://www.geocities.com/brook92000/Index.html
67 Chevelle and 70 Monte Carlo