I've been redoing my interior this summer which includes a bucket seat and
console swap into the velle.  I just put in the floor shifter and rigged up
the cable.  It moves through the detents well except for Park.  To get in and
out I need to pull the column lever towards me.  Actually, I assume it is
pretty worn out and when these cars were new you had to pull it through all
the gears.  What is the best way to remove the lever and be able to shift on
the floor?

Dan
'72