Well, since I'm new here and have a new toy to play with, I also have some
questions. As I mentioned earlier, a picture of the car is at
http://johnnasta.com/elcamino/1.jpg

Does anybody know how many 69 El Caminos were made (or to go one step
further, how many of them came with 350s)?

Any idea of the values in #1 - #6 condition?

Also, you can see in the photo that it has vertical bumper guards. I have
heard conflicting stories, some saying that these are very rare and some
saying that they are not. Does anybody know? I'm actually thinking about
going without them because I think it would look better, but if they were a
rare option maybe I should keep them. Any opinions on that?

Finally, does anybody know what gear ratio would be in the rear? I haven't
had a chance to look into it.

Thanks,
John Nasta

p.s. Want to know what I paid for it? Well, I was supposed to pay $300 for
it, but then he sold the transmission so we dropped it to $200. Then when I
came to get it, one of the guys working there backed into my Olds and put a
small dent in the rear bumper. I had just had those bumpers re-chromed about
a month earlier, which ran about $275 each, so we settled on him giving me
the El Camino for fr*e to make up for it. Unfortunately for the guy who hit
my Olds, his boss said it would come out of his pay. It actually was not a
bargain for me either since it will cost me more to get that bumper redone
again than I was supposed to pay for the El Camino. At that point I just
wanted to get the deal over with though.