I am looking for a 70 - 72 Cowl Hood with a flapper style cowl.  This hood can be in any shape because I am going to modify it for my car tow vehicle.  I know what I can get a new one for, but would prefer a cheaper dented one.  I live in the mid-west.
Tim  D. Shelton
----- Original Message -----
From: UT
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] TBI?carb question

Chris,
    Ya, its throttle body injection. I get between 18 and if I am really good, 25. I have a small 305 too I thought I would mention. Some of these guys can clarify it more thn I can I'm sure but here ya go. It's just a system with two fuel injectors on top very similar to a carb, but its controlled by a computer. This allows for the more precision than a carb because the computer decides the air/fuel mixture an dwhat not given the conditions. Then there is tuned port. They came on late 80's camaros and other vehicles that just have a fuel injector for each port. Mult-port gives you more precise a/f mixtures over TBI, but TBI runs a wet intake manifold so it stays cooler which is why you see those newer Impalas with their ice packs on the manifolds at the race tracks. :)
-Dustin