I have a 67 Chevelle with the following engine info.
396, .030 over which now makes it a 402, TRW domed piston forged, steel crank,
Edelbrock Aluminum 110cc heads, stock sized rods. All this puts me at 8.8 to 1 compression and 570/578 Comp Cam Roller lifters 110 lobe separation and aluminum roller rockers. Engine has 11,000 miles on it. The motor is built strong.

Now, I want to install a 6-71 Weiand blower on this set up BUT ONLY FOR SHOW AND CRUISING. What I mean by this is I only plan to run 5-6 pounds of boost on this blower and it will stay below 6,000 rpms! Again this set up is just for **show and cruising.** I plan to overdrive the heck out of the blower so it puts out 5-6 pounds of boost. My plan is to run (2) 600 cfm Edelbrock carbs on it.

I have talked with a few local shops that have done many blowers and they say I should be just fine with this set up SO LONG as I keep the boost to 5-6 pounds and stay under 6,000 for the most part. No serious racing!! I also called Weind/Holley and they told me the same thing.

I would like your opinions out there from some of you who have had experience with this type of set up.

Thanks