Title: Sand Blasting....

    By asking this question I hope I'm not turning this list into a "Restoration for dumbies" book.

    My Elky is pretty solid but I've got surface rust in more places that I can count.  Should I just invest in a sand blaster and teach myself how to use it or  pay "X" amount of dollars to have it professionally done.

    I know I want the final paint job to be done by the experts but can I save some cash by doing some of the prep work on my own?  Keep in mind that I've never even touched a sandblaster or a paint sprayer.  Although I'm pretty sure that I could figure it out rather quickly.

    JM
    '69 El Camino