The engine in my 67 is out of a 69 Chevelle.  The dip stick is on the
passenger side and goes into the pan.  I don't have the original dip stick,
have an old chrome one, so I just marked it at full and one quart low.
General area of dip stick can be seen at
http://www.dalesplace.com/images/chevelle/new_fi04.jpg and
http://www.dalesplace.com/images/chevelle/heater_hose_rear.jpg and
http://www.dalesplace.com/images/chevelle/p0000204.jpg

Hope these help some...