Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List ------------------------------------------------------------
Hi David. Yea, I probably put in 40 hours or more, but to do it over again would be considerably easier. The first time is always the worst. I wouldn't have had to cut the big forward hole in the tunnel. It'll fit (in a '68-'72), but you'll have to lower the rear of the trans by lowering the mount tab on the crossmember similar to what I did. And cut a hole for the shifter base to poke thru. I'd suggest you go ahead with the Tremec. If that's the trans you want and plan to have, no sense in spending money on a temporary solution. At least I'd rather spend that money on the body and paint. :-) Don't forget, you'll also have to modify your driveshaft. And of course you must get the GM modified version. BTW: I've driven it up and down the street a couple of times now, no obvious problems. Woohoo! Please feel free to ask questions, or even give me a call if you want. Good luck! [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > > Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List > ------------------------------------------------------------ > > Michael, > sounds like a lot of work to do the swap. Somehow I had the idea that one > could just bolt the new tremec in place. Reading you post leads me to believe > you've got about 40 hours (or more) into the installation so far and > potentially have some more bugs to work out. Not that I'm adverse to spending > time working on the car, it's just that there are many areas that need > attention, maybe first and foremost the body and paint. > Perhaps I'll have to wait a bit for the tremec, which is too bad as in the > mean time I'll have to waste some money on the transmission that's in there > fixing the synchros, of the shift dogs or whatever it is that's letting it > pop out of gear. > Nice project you've got there. I look forward to seeing the completed car on > your web site. > > David > > ----------------------------------------------------- > To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html > To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com and my For Sale page at http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html Team Chevelle membership #178 (Gold) Time Flies: "It's funny how you can watch a clock and time seems to stand still. But turn away, and you have to measure time with a calendar rather than a clock." mjp ----------------------------------------------------- To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

