Has anyone here had any experience with building an aluminum engine or know
of anyone who has.  I was wondering just how expensive this build up will
get.  I am excluding the LS1 and LT1 because i have yet to see where they
can make the power that i want.  I am in the process of restoring the
suspension and i am just trying to think ahead about engines so i can know
what rating springs and shocks to get.  The move will be put in my '70
Chevelle with a pro-touring application.  The weight reduction of an
aluminum engine is unserpassable in such an application.  If someone has
used an engine.  What engine have they used.  There is one made by Arias
called the New Century and several by GM performance that can be seen here:
http://www.sdpc2000.com/search.asp
As i am sure all of you know and it is quite obvious that these engines are
not cheap.  I would like to be able to plant around 500 hp/tq to the rear
wheels (meaning RWHP).  I plan on trying to use the Hal coilover shocks.
Thanks for all the help.
Michael Ishee