Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Spencer, Darrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 3:25 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] 71 chevelle HEI problem

You didn't say what the load was for the relay, only the supply.  However, I
would expect that this relay might be providing voltage to the starter
solenoid.  This is a common fix for the "hot soak" problem many Chevy
starters suffer from.   If so, then I think your ignition switch is
definitely suspect for the run-on problem.

But first, verify  for sure that this relay is in line with the starter
solenoid.  If it's still in line with the coil, get rid of it, see if the
problem persists, and if so look to the ignition switch as your likely
problem.

Darrell Spencer
Cave Creek, AZ
'70 Malibu