I bought a Century 150 wire feed with Argon gas, and I love it.  Very easy to use.
My total cost for everything was around $850, which included the welder, gas, bottle rental, auto-darkening lens in helmet, gloves, jacket, additional wire, and extra tips.

Definately to with a 220v, and definately use the argon gas.

good luck,

Keith Cooper wrote:

Does anyone weld and have information on mig welders. I am wanting to buy a mig welder, does anyone have experience with these unit. I want information on prices,options, brand names etc.KeithSee my Chevelle:
http://home.mindspring.com/~keithc/index.html