I'm not very happy with my results from the POR15.  I used it on the lower
parts of my doors 'cause they had some surface rust on them, that was before
I painted it and I followed the directions to the letter, it all went on
smooth and looked nice but I saw in the summer where the rust was coming
back through, it was probably from the inside that it rusted through but
right now I am experimenting with some industrial type rust stop for outside
stuff (poles, rails, all that kind of junk) on my 69 stepside (but I'm
stripping the frame to bare metal.... or at least most of it) and I also did
a section on my daily driver Sonoma so I could see how it holds for daily
use and street/offroad/beat the crap out of it use.  In the past couple
months I put it on it is holding up really good, I just clean the suface off
every now and again to see how it is holding and it looks nice.  The best
part about it is it is $20 a gallon instead of $80 and the lid don't want to
seal shut after you open it (I tried the plastic wrap on the lid for the
POR15..... it didn't work)
Josh
Wounded 66SS396