>Has anyone had the string break off of gear selector in the dash part of
>the speedometer head?

I pulled the entire dash a few years back and was able to work on the
selector then.  I don't know if there is a way to get at it without pulling
everything.

>  If so how hard is it to retie it on or replace it. I had the speedometer
> head out but couldn't figure out how to get the gear selector indicator
> separated from the speedometer.

I forget how I did it but it must have been simple since I figured it out
without the CSM.

>Sweep type speedometer, may be I didn't look close enough when I had it
>out. I broke it when I was changing the steering column--forgot to unhook it

Hmmm, I recently broke the indicator doing exactly the same thing so I
guess I need to fix mine too. :(

Anyone got a CSM handy or know off-hand the easiest way to do this?

--

Cliff "Waddya mean a plastic gear indicator won't hold up the steering
column?" Simpson