Title: Heater fuse...
I have come to a cross road...

My wife and I have be thinking about moving to Columbus, Ohio for some time now and our new years resolution is to be in Columbus by the end of July.

The idea of moving prompts the idea of selling my 1969 El Camino.  The wife has been very supportive in my project, however she doesn't like the idea of spending over its resale value.  Which I would go over if I continued the project.  To convince me that I should sell the El Camino, she has agreed to let me get a loan for up to $9K to buy my dream car (1967 Chevelle), once we get to Columbus.

So I need the knowledge and experience of the "List"

1).  Do I sell my Elky, give into the urge of a 67 Chevelle and take a large loss on what I've put into the Elky ($5500 total spent)?

1b).  If I did sell it how much would I be able to get?
        1969 El Camino Malibu
        Super cold A/C
        New Suspension all around (PST kit(polygraphite)/gas-a-just/springs)
        New brakes all around (Drums)
        Brand New Michelin tires all around
        New Holley 750 carb W/Holley Contender intake
        Rebuilt rear axle
        new split bench seat

OR

2).  Do I keep the El Camino and spend $8k to get it running and looking the way I want it to.

Also if anyone has any info about Columbus Ohio I'd sure be interested in knowing what it's like up there.

Thanks,

JM
'69 El Camino