>He is telling me my TH350 can be built to handle what I have in mind, and
>putting a posi with mid 3 gears in my 10 bolt 8.5 (replaced in '80) will
>be OK.  I tend to believe this.  Considering the Gear Vendor OD.  With
>aluminum heads, intake manifold and water pump, staying with my new SB
>springs.  At my age, (59) there will not be a lot, but some WOT.  Not a
>daily driver ~~ (have to think about this).

I'd certainly check with a tranny expert on this....my thinking is the
TH-400 would be a better choice, considering the torque numbers the 502/502
puts out.....I'd also seriously look at a 12 bolt. The 8.5 might handle it
ok, but the extra bulletproofing the 12 bolt has would give you peace of
mind you'll never get with the 8.5.

Kelly C. Hanna
www.hannawoodworks.com