I asked a friend of mine about the Magnaflow x-pipe; he
was considering it for his '74 Super Duty T/A but wound
up using the Dr. Gas version instead.  Apparently the
Magnaflow pipe is constructed by welding 2 x-shaped
halves together and this allows the internal crossover
to be easily shaped.  His reply is below.

Brad

PS  He lives in Arkansas so "Critter" is a perfectly
acceptable nickname.  ;^)

Long story short, I couldn't find any users of the Magnaflow
and I didn't want to be the one to test it.

The design appears to be sound. The stamped halves would be a smoother
transition than two 90 degree bends with holes cut in the welded area. I'd
have tried it but I just didn't have the money to do it twice if I wasn't
happy. Thus the decision to go with a proven performer.

Critter