Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 7:41 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] 327 / 350

Hi all,

My son just got a really good deal on some heads for his 66 chevelle and wants me to help him with them.

Question:  he has the original 1966 327 motor.
He picked up rebuilt heads from a 1991 350 motor.  Looks like they will bolt up no problem.

I know Fords 360 and 390 motors are the same motor just different stroke.  Is that the same deal with the  Chevy 327 and 350?

Were there any design changes to the heads during those 25yrs to accommodate smog equipment that I should know about ?.  and will they run Good on the 327 block or vise versa??

He's put in a new Cam, lifters, push rods, HEI ignition, headers, 4 barrel Edlebrock, and High performance manifold. (He's been really good about saving and storing all the original parts - so that's not a problem).

He does plan on storing the 327 heads until the lower end needs work and doing a complete out of car rebuild.   The car is running great right now - it just has an elusive top end tick that's driving him crazy and he's tired of looking for lead additives whenever he fills the tank.

Any help would be appreciated,

Rhonda Stalker
San Diego, Ca