Galen
  I've had the aluminized flowmaster exhaust system on my el camino for
over 50K miles (maybe 8 yrs).   Its still solid.  No rust or
discoloration in either the pipes or mufflers.    I did coat the inside
of the pipes with POR15 when they were new.
     I had headers ceramic coated by Airborne  20K miles ago and its held
up well.  Ceramic coating is an available option  now on most new
headers.  I'd get it.
rick