Jim......that's odd , I got the same type of  notice from them . I ordered the magazine this year and got my first 2 issues  the Feb & Mar  2002 magazines.......... then I got an invoice ( they already had cashed my check in Jan) ........I e-mailed them from their web site to let them know that my Apr issue had not arrived but had been on the newsstands for quite some time, and to ask if it was common policy for them to send out subscription re-newals after only 2 issues of a 12 month subscription, they answered back in 2 days to say that the Apr. issued would be re-mailed but said nothing about the invoice. I have since received my Apr. & May issues and will wait to see if they invoice me again.

Mel
67 Malibu SS

----- Original Message -----
From: Mach4
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 5:14 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Super Chevy magazine

Quotations from a note I got today from Super Chevy...

    "Dear Subscriber,

    "This is the third invoice we have sent you for your SUPER CHEVY subscription and still we have not heard from you." (both statements are true)

    "We cannot continue sending you copies of the magazine unless your account is settled. We do not want to interupt your service but you leave us no choice.

    "To avoid this, mail your payment and the invoice in the enclosed reply envelope. We will mark your account "Paid in Full" and send your next issue." (all bold type was underlined on my letter)

Sounds pretty threatening, doesn't it? Sounds like the kind of statement I'd get for a past due bill, eh?

According the the last invoice I got, and according to mky checkbook, this subscription expires in June of 2002. Am I missing something - I don't get my next issue (April) unless I pay them now for another year? And May and June, which I have also already paid for?

I think my response to them will be, "You are right. Don't send my next issue. Or any more. In fact, I am immediately cancelling my subscription. Please send a refund for the last 3 issues!."

Too bad - I like Super Chevy magazine. But Chevy High Performance isn't too bad either. Maybe they are a little more honest in their billings.

I didn't renew Hot Rod because of the smart aleck attitudes the editors have towards any subscribers who send them a letter suggesting a change. Now Super Chevy is also down the tubes as far as I am concerned. Don't these outfits have any ethics any more?

Maybe it's time to start reading National Geographic again!!!

(A copy of this is going to the Super Chevy Subscription Dept. I'll be interested if I get any response)

Jim, jumping off the soapbox        ACES #2020        2 - '66 SS396 Chevelles